Saturday 28 June 2014

Natalie: Right Where I Am 2014: 59 weeks 5 days

Wow, what can I say, after re-reading my blog on 9/7/13 I can say I have come a long way.

I am now 59 weeks and 5 days since my loss. I'd like to say it gets easier and whilst most days it does seem that way I do have days when it hits me like a ton of bricks and I'm grieving all over again.

Where I am today...I am half way through my final placement of my first year of nursing I managed to return!

I am with someone new after the split with my ex; Angelica's sperm donor, he doesn't deserve the name dad. He is a great guy, makes me realise how I should be treated and I feel really lucky to have found him. I have managed to tell him about my BT which I was dreading and he has taken it really well so when the time comes for IVF PGD I know that should we still be together I will have great support from him!

I am planning on travelling to Australia this time next year to gain nursing experience hopefully in genetics or IVF nursing which should be really exciting.

I can finally tolerate being around other babies that would have been a similar age to Angelica and can finally feel happy for people who are pregnant.

The monsoon has finished and the sun is bursting through the clouds finally and I can even make out a rainbow.

There is a life after loss and I am finally living it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You can read Natalie's post from 2013 here:

No comments:

Post a Comment